Thursday, January 10, 2008

CorelDRAW, and a meeting in Phoenix, AZ

On my trip to the USA with my girlfriend Mia, during december and january 2007-08, we had a dinner with Foster D. Coburn and his girlfriend Jeanette at a famous local Mexican restaurant in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Arizona. At "Marshall Way" to be more correct. I can recomend a visit to the restaurant. We got to know each other via the Online Community reagarding Coreldraw and Corel Photo-Paint. It was extra fun to meet Foster because when I started using the CorelDRAW Graphic Suite program´s, Foster´s website and the newsgroup at Corel was among the first places I got to learn the program, outside the books, back in 1997. It was almost like a 10th year celebration of using CorelDRAW and Corel Photo-Paint. I can still highly recomend Foster´s website unleashed for learning the programs. And on top of it, he know sell a great DVD of his 750 page eBook CorelDRAW X3, X4 and X5 Unleash.
Foster mention our "Global" meeting as well, read more here>>
And while on his website explore it, you might find a thing or two about a great software - CorelDRAW Graphic Suite.

Now I am back again in Sweden after our 3,5 week trip to USA. Going from country and continent like this. Being at one place one day and wake up at another place the day after, its always fashinating how we can meet people on the other side of the world via the internet. And as Foster said: "We all agreed that the next dinner will have to be in Sweden as I've yet to visit that part of the world."

Yes Foster I agree. Lets have a dinner in Stockholm, Sweden next time. It was a great evening and looking forward to exchange the kindness from you and your girlfriend.

Stefan Lindblad

Illustrator & artist


No comments: