Saturday, January 10, 2009

Swedish newspaper article: Cuban blogger about Cuba

I read an article this morning, in the Swedish daily morning newspaper called Dagens Nyheter. The article was about a Cuban blogger living in Havana, Cuba. Who I would say is a brave blogger. She can tell more herself on her blog: "GenerationY". Important reading. She lives in Cuba and dare to write about things that are being taken for granted in a country like my own. Where everyone have internet and complete freedome of speach. Where she lives its not . Click here >> to read her blog. And you can red it in many different languages. Her friends outside Cuba help her with the updating and translation. GenerationY>>

To quote here own blog headline:
"Generation Y is a Blog inspired by people like me, with names that begin with or contain a "Y." Born in Cuba in the 1970s and 1980s, marked by schools in the countryside, Russian cartoons, illegal emigration and frustration. So I invite especially Yanisleidi, Yoandri, Yusimí, Yuniesky and others who drag their "Y's" to read my Blog and to write to me."

Stefan Lindblad
Illustrator & artist

No comments: